Want to get your hands dirty and make your own soap? It’s fun, cheap, eco-friendly and a lot easier than you might think. Our Helpling team in France has partnered up with blogger La Fabrique Pailletee to create the perfect eco-friendly soap recipe! This particular recipe only uses 4 ingredients, just image! Making your own soap is the perfect way to impress guests during your first housewarming get-together and it makes for the perfect Birthday present. Follow the below nice and quick video of a step-by-step tutorial on how to make this amazing homemade soap in no time.
Homemade Soap Ingredients
One of the best things about making your own soap is that you can add in a mixture of your favorite ingredients and fragrances. Even though there is usually an ingredient that forms the base of the soap recipe, everything else is an add-on and you can get as creative as you want. Why don’t you pick out your favorite essential oils, herbs, colors etc. and go wild! In this case we have chosen to include walnut in our recipe since it has great exfoliating qualities.
#Helplingtip: Something to consider when experimenting with the flavors is that some things work better on certain skin types than others. As for the colors, it’s better to avoid food coloring, as it doesn’t work too well with soap. Ideally try and stick to natural coloring: cocoa powder or coffee for brown, or ginger for pale yellow (as an example).
Our Natural Soap Recipe
As mentioned, you can have a lot of fun with your recipes and try different combinations of scents, oils and ingredients. We recommend you give our recipe a go for your first batch of DIY homemade eco-friendly soap. After you have perfected this recipe, experiment with different things and find YOUR favorite combinations.
What you need to make soap:
- 500g of glycerin soap base.
- A handful of walnuts.
- 1 tablespoon of an essential oil of your choice (we used almond essential oil).
- 50ml of argan oil.
- A silicone mould.
How to Make Homemade, Natural Soap: step by step
- Crush the walnuts with the back of a large spoon into a coarse powder.
- Cut the glycerin into small pieces and melt in a saucepan over a larger saucepan of boiling water.
- Once the glycerin has completely melted, add the argan oil and walnuts and stir thoroughly.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the essential oil and then stir. Add the mix to a silicone mould and leave for 3 hours to set.
- Remove the soap from the mould and voila! Your homemade soap is ready to be used!
The finished product is perfect for leaving around the house in the bathrooms. And, as we said, it makes a very thoughtful homemade gift to give to friends and family. Thanks to La Fabrique Pailletee for helping our Helpling team in France create this recipe! Let us know in the comments how you get on with our natural soap recipe. Happy soap making!